Sunday, February 7, 2010

Self Deception....

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeetings wonderful light beings!!! About a week or so ago, I had a fantastically profound dream that I wish to share with you in hopes that it will shed some light onto your life as it did for me....

I was walking through a wooded area searching for a home when I spotted the most beautiful set of town houses. As I approached the building, I spotted a sign that read, 'office'. I started toward the door when I noticed a boa constrictor of an exaggerated size. Horrified, I turned away from the building and continued in the direction from whence I came. A few steps away, I was stopped dead in my tracks by a coiled up rattle snake. It raised it's head and began to rise upward. Then, it struck at me, barely missing. So I decided that I'd take my chances with the boa constrictor and went inside of the office building. Inside was a friendly lady who apologized about the snake (it was her pet.) and talked to me about getting set up in a town house. She said that there wasn't really an opening, but if I sent reiki to the situation, maybe something would work out. The she held a rodent in her hand and threw it to the floor where it transformed into a irresistably beautiful white kitten. She told me that I could have it and I picked it up and cuddled it, then the dream was over.

Upon waking, I pondered my dream for awhile because it 'felt' like an important message and indeed it was....If you're familiar with Kundalini energy, you know that it is symbolized by a coiled snake rising upwards. Being bitten by the 'Kundalini snake ' is likened to self realization. The important part of my dream is that I was almost bitten, but turned away from my self realization and took what seemed to be the 'easier' or 'safer' route. But when I did, I was deceived. Not by the woman, but by myself. I convinced myself that this was where I was supposed to be. I even allowed myself to believe that a rodent was a beautiful kitten!

How many of you deceive yourselves everyday? Do you really love your job or do you accept it because you feel you can't do any better? Is your relationship what you've dreamed it to be, or is it one big misery, that you convince yourself is worth the struggle because you have bills to pay and besides, "what would the neighbors think"? In his book, 'Personal Development for Smart People', Steve Pavlina suggests that we conduct a 'self assesment'. He lists the main areas of human life and has you to rate them from 1-10. I invite you to do to this, you'll be suprised at your results. Below is the list from the book. Give each area of your life a score that reflects how you feel about that particular area of your life.

Health & Daily routine
Career & Work
Money & Finances
Health & Fitness
Mental Development & Education
Socail Life and Relationships
Home & Family
Emotions
Character & Integrity
Life Purpose & Contribution
Spiritual Development

After rating every area, Pavlina then instructs us to take every number that isn't a nine or ten and replace it with a one. "Why?" you may ask. But the truth is, a 7 or 8 is just your way of saying, "It's not what I want, but..." That's self deception! Stop deceiving yourself. Love yourself enough to take the raod less traveled and know that no matter what happens, the Universe loves you and you'll be okay! Don't turn your back on your TRUE destiny, you know, the one YOU design and no one else!!!!!

Personal Development for Smart People by Steve Pavlina is a marvelous book. Visit stevepavlina.com for tons of articles to inspire your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment