Sunday, December 6, 2009

Blissful Communication.....

GREEEEEEEETINGS!!!!!!

Lately I've noticed that I've been having some issues surrounding communication and the way that I voice my needs or wants. Generally....I don't! I usually take the silent route and handle things internally. I somehow subconsciously expect for others to know or understand my needs, and when they don't, I often feel let down in some way. One of the "Four Agreements" (Don Miguel Ruiz) states that we should "assume nothing" and when I do this, it's not fair to myself or those around me.  This has always been a problem for me because I like to ensure everyone's happiness and often at the expense of my own. I've started to realize that regardless of my motives, this isn't a healthy habit to embrace. So I've decided to make a conscious change and learn to communicate more effectively so that everyone is happy! This morning, I began reading Nonviolent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg. This book teaches us how to always speak from a space of compassion and truth. Next on my list is Bliss Conscious Communication. I've also been doing a bit of work on my throat chakra to help keep it balanced and healthy. If anyone has any other suggestions that may help with my 'Communication Transformation', I'd love for you to share them.

"When we have the courage to speak our minds and use our voice to send the desires of our hearts from our inner world to the world outside, we take a bold step in making them happen. By removing fear of what others may think and expectation of what others should understand, we free ourselves and our thoughts from the bondage of the mental chamber and let loose our desires onto the canvas of the world. Next time we become aware that we have a choice about how to communicate, we can choose to use our outside voice and watch its creative power at work. " -Freeing Our Inner Voices (The Daily Om)


*HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!*

I have another excellent gift suggestion for all of you who would like to give the gift of inspiration for the Holiday Season!!! Repunzel Gifts offers a variety of relaxing and inspriational kits to give your loved ones. There's a Budha Gift Set that seemes perfect for someone you may know who is interested in learning meditation. It comes with a  Buddha statue, Sandalwood incense, a soapstone lotus flower incense burner and a Reiki charged WISDOM aromatherapy pillar candle and a glass candle holder. It also includes a Sandalwood mala for meditation, a little book for exploring Buddha's teachings and a two disc set for meditation and reflection. To check out this gift set along with other great gift ideas from Repunzel Gifts, CLICK HERE!

*Mission of the Week*

Don't forget your affirmations this week!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment