Friday, October 30, 2009

and the winner is.....

Oh only one day until I'm dancing by a fire under the moonlight!!! I am super stoked to be celebrating Samhain tomorrow! I am also really excited to announce the winner of our Raw Emotions contest. First I would like to say thankyou to all the yumsters that participated. You guys are the best!!!!!! And our big winner izzzzz.......Soulstar!!!!! Here is the yummy recipe Soulstar contributed:

Spinach Marsala

Spinach Base

3 Cups Spinach mixed with the following;
1/2 C currants or raisins
1 C diced pineapple or mango
2-4 chopped Scallions depending on taste
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp Raw oil of choice
dash of cayenne to taste
Sauce
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Cilantro
2 Cups Cashews or Macadamias
2 Tablespoons soaked raisins
1 tsp or more of salt to taste
2 tsp fresh ginger
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Blend until creamy and mix with the Spinach Base

I had this for dinner about a week ago. When I first read the recipe, it seemed quite strange to me, but I'll try almost anything once, so I gave it a try and it was absolutely delectable! Thanks for sharing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment